Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Don't Care....Not.

I wonder how many times I've said "I don't care what people think." Because whatever the number is--it's the same number of times I've lied about it. Of course I care about what people think of me. Too much in fact. I second guess myself before commenting on people's pictures because I want it to be witty but not seem like I put too much thought into it. I feel self conscious about wearing a bathing suit with no shorts because I've got some wiggly jiggly action. I want people to think I have a pretty house from the pictures I post on Instagram and think twice about showing ones with my hideous 90's wallpaper or carpeted bathroom (gag) in the background.  So in an effort to reverse my preoccupation with the opinion of others I force myself to do things out of my comfort zone. Nothing too big, like karaoke, but posting a picture of myself even if it isn't the most flattering. Or if I am about to delete a comment because I think it's stupid I'll force my thumb to send it because who the freak cares!! Well...I do. But I'm working on it. Baby steps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment